Welcome to our Hike for Hospice
at the SRL K2 Ranch
south of Invermere on Westside Road!
Join us at K2 Ranch for a 1.5 km walk around McCarthy Lake
an easy 8 km round-trip hike to lovely White's Dam and back.
Sunday, June 24th
9:30 am Register/Check-in
10:00 am Historic Barn Tour
10:30 am Hike Starts
• Bring-your-own picnic lunch to enjoy at the hike •
• Rain or Shine • Dogs on Leash Welcome •
• K2 RANCH IS LOCATED ON WESTSIDE ROAD •
At 13th St & 13th Ave (JA Laird School) turn south onto 13th Ave (becomes Westside Rd). Drive 12.3 km.
Drive south on Hwy 93/95, then north on Westside Rd for 13.3 km.
Turn into the ranch where you see this sign
Thank You to Our Local Hike Sponsors
And Special Thanks
to K2 Ranch owners Bob and Barb Shaunessy
for generously inviting us to hold our Hike for Hospice
on their beautiful property again this year.
Hike for Hospice Palliative Care is a unique national fundraising event held across Canada that brings together organizations working collectively in hospice palliative care to raise funds and awareness in their community!
- All funds raised by our hike remain with the Hospice Society of the Columbia Valley.
- These funds go to programming and operational costs of our hospice.
- Our hospice runs programming in 3 key areas: End-of-Life Support, Bereavement Support, and Public Education.
- Our services are provided in the 14 communities of the Coumbia Valley, between Spillimacheen and Canal Flats.
- Our intention is to ensure that residents of these communities know that no one needs to go through the end-of-life journey alone, that no one needs to go through the bereavement journey alone, and that everyone understands how to support those who are grieving.
- Since our program launched in September 2013 we have delivered over 2,800 end-of-life visits and 570 bereavement visits.
Contact your Hike for Hospice Palliative Care Coordinator:Susan Malone
Only -268 Days Left Until Our Hike for Hospice Palliative Care!