Welcome to the Hike for Hospice Palliative Care for Hospice Greater Moncton
Come Hike With Us!
May 26, 2018
Only -198 Days Left Until Hike for Hospice Palliative Care!
Our Hike Location:
May 26, 2018 - Registration Date | 12:00 PM - Registration Start Time | 1:00 PM - Event Start Time
Hike for Hospice Palliative Care is a unique national fundraising event held across Canada that brings together organizations working collectively in hospice palliative care to raise funds and awareness in their community!
- Hospice palliative care aims to relieve suffering, while improving the quality of living and dying.
- Hospice palliative care is not just for the final days or months of life. It’s care that should begin when a life-threatening condition is diagnosed so that individuals and their families are supported as they manage the often complicated journey at the end of life.
- An integrated palliative approach to care is one that focuses on an individual’s need at any given point in time. It can be provided in a hospital, residential hospice, at home, in long-term care homes or in another community setting. Personal values, wishes and desires can be considered. Advance Care Planning (www.advancecareplanning.ca), a discussion about individual plans at the end of life, is an important part of an integrated approach to care.
- Hospice palliative care professionals work with the health team you already have, and together they focus on lessening the burdens of suffering, loneliness, and grief for those living with chronic and life-limiting illnesses.
- Hospice palliative care supports families as they navigate the difficulties that can arise when a loved one is struggling with a life-limiting illness. Through hospice palliative care, families can gain a better understanding of a loved one’s wishes, which can ease the way when there are difficult decisions to make.
- Hospice palliative care manages pain and symptoms, and thanks to the important conversations and planning that hospice palliative care encourages, patients can make informed decisions about their own care, ensure that their families understand their goals, and have a better quality of life.
Contact your Hike for Hospice Palliative Care Coordinator:Krysta Janssen